Integrated Dharma Program: Deepening Wisdom
begins on Wednesday, April 26, 2017.
Registration will open one month before the course begins.
Learning how to meditate—and how to distinguish between your helpful and unhelpful habits—is a valuable, life-altering process. But in classical Buddhist study, these practices are the precursors to the most important aspect of the path: the development of wisdom. When wisdom is present and strong, a durable sense of well-being can flourish.
This course takes a close look at the cornerstone topics of Buddhism such as impermanence, non-self, and interdependent origination, beginning the process of the development of wisdom in your own life. By studying the traditional texts and applying what you learn, you cannot help but be changed. This is a great opportunity to study primary sources with the guidance of a knowledgeable and contemporary Buddhist scholar, who will translate and explain the early scriptures in a way relevant to contemporary times.
Part 1 (Living With Integrity) and Part 2 (Developing The Mind) of the Integrated Dharma Program are not prerequisites for this course.
– Two texts a week, plus accompanying material, sent according to the lunar calendar (this is a feature that follows traditional Buddhist rhythms)
– Downloadable audio teachings
– Pali-to-English translations, new and updated in gender-neutral language
– Language analyses
– Guidelines for investigating and applying the teachings in your daily life
– Course begins on Wednesday, April 26th
– Registration opens on Sunday, March 26th
– Registration will remain open through Thursday, May 25th
– $240 General student
– $199 Returning students (those registered for Part 1 or 2)
Apr 26: Wisdom
May 2: Right View
May 10: Obsessions and Distortions
May 18: Mind in Flux
May 25: Insight
Jun 1: Responding to Experience
Jun 9: Noble Truths
Jun 17: Non-Attachment
Jun 23: Dependent Origination
Jun 30: Conditionality
Jul 9: Non-Self
Jul 16: Illusions of Self
Jul 23: Metaphors
Jul 30: Disenchantment
Aug 7: Understanding Awakening
Aug 14: Last Words
Aug 21: Summary and Conclusion
The Integrated Dharam Program consists of three parts:
Part One: Living With Integrity (info)
Sep 1, 2016 through Dec 28, 2016
Part Two: Developing The Mind (info)
Dec 29, 2016 through Apr 25, 2017
Part Three: Deepening Wisdom
Apr 26, 2017 through Aug 21, 2017